Observations:
I was only in the classroom for one day this week because I left to go to Italy! I observed that kindergarteners are just as excited about spring break as seniors are, but the reaction is much different. My students were very hyper and talkative this week. Mrs. Hartline dealt with this by separating them for group work, but the groups were very strategic. I've also noticed how much some of the students have been growing in their vocabulary by playing educational games!
Learning Experiences:
We have switched gears into Literacy Stations so the focus is mainly on reading, expanding vocabulary, and noticing patterns. The students have been working on vowels a lot and incorporating them in their writing. In Literacy Stations, there are many small groups and Mrs. Hartline, Mrs. Martin, and myself all are in charge of our own and then some are responsible for themselves. I've definitely been learning the benefit of having multiple teachers in a classroom, especially of this age.
Reflections:
I've been given more responsibility in the classroom and I really like it. The students have started to see me as another teacher rather than just their friend which is a nice change. Working with the kids can be challenging just in the way that you word things and trying to get across what you are thinking but on their level. I love being in a kindergarten class because of their age and also the challenges!
Stories to Share:
Whenever it is time to share all of the kids fight to sit by me and many times they run to give me a hug when I walk in the door! I think they really like me and I look forward to going everyday. Birthdays are my favorite because they get to decorate their own crown to wear for the day and everyone eats their favorite snack. When it is one person's birthday, they all feel the need to tell me how long it is until their next birthday haha I miss being that excited about my mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment