Observations:
This week I've observed how awesome of a staff OPES has. On Friday mornings there is a morning meeting held in the center of the school that everyone goes to. The principal basically runs the announcements here and gives out special awards. The principal and vice principal are on the kids' level the whole time and make this time so fun. They put on relatable music and dance along with the kids and know every student's name that they come in contact with. The principal had to walk in my classroom on Friday and she knew all the students' names and things about them. I think the personal relationships that she develops with her kids makes the biggest difference.
Learning Experiences:
I learned how to discipline my classroom this week. I've never had a problem with correcting a student's behavior but I've never been in the position of teaching to the entire class and needing to get all of them to pay attention again. During my calender on Wednesday I noticed that they were especially chatty and gave out barrel bucks to those who were doing what they were supposed to. The rest of the lesson I was in control and had a perfect class--they desperately want barrel bucks.
Reflections:
Wednesday was my lesson that was observed, and I was a little nervous about it! My class was especially hyper that day (as mentioned above) and it takes a lot of patience to get six kindergartners to read along in a book with no words. It went well and my kids made me proud! I think I have the smartest group of kindergartners, I'm serious.
Stories to Share:
For Earth Day, one of the boys in my class had his mom come speak to all of the kindergarten classes about preserving energy and cleaning up the Earth. It was a fun demonstration and then he got to tell our class about how he planted an apple seed hoping that it will turn into an apple tree. He was so proud and I thought it was adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment