Observations:
This week I observed how crazy excited my students were to be back from Spring Break and see all of their friends again! I now realize how much harder it is for teachers to come back to school after break compared to students. The students just had to get used to their schedule again and using their inside voices...Mrs. Hartline on the other hand had to prepare a lesson for the day and settle down 16 kindergartners.
Learning Experiences:
The class continued on with the literacy centers that were started before break. Vowels are still being worked with but another focus is actually understanding stories--not just reading the words. These concepts are really hard to grasp, especially since they are still learning words and how to read, so putting everything together is a lot for 5 year olds! To make it a little easier, we are working with books that have only illustrations so that they really have to focus on what is happening during the story.
Reflections:
I have now taken over the calender, which is the majority of the morning activities before instructional period! Between that and the hands on time during literacy stations, I'm teaching the whole time I'm in the classroom. I feel lucky to have gotten the classroom and teachers that I did! Everyone is so paitent with me and I have learned so much since I've been there.
Stories to Share:
Monday was our first day back, which was also the kids first day back! A lot of my kids remembered I went to Italy and asked how it was!! It made my day. I like going on M, W, F weeks because the class shares on Mondays and Fridays and because OPES has morning meetings on Fridays!
No comments:
Post a Comment