Observations:
My classroom is unique since I have two teachers in it! Mrs. Hartline and Mrs. Martin are very different personality wise, but that's why their classroom works so well. Mrs. Hartline is technically the head teacher and leads most of the lessons and she is very paitent and sweet to the kids. Mrs. Martin is funny and very relatable which is rare to see in a kindergarten classroom! Everything is very organized and Mrs. Martin is usually setting up the next lesson while Mrs. Hartline is teaching, or Mrs. Martin is working one-on-one with a student who did not finish their work.
Learning Experiences:
This week I think the biggest learning experience has been seeing the curriculum of this grade. I went into FE with a few ideas of books or topics to teach on but I didn't realize the level they were learning on or what exactly they were supposed to be learning at this age and that was a huge eye opener for me. This week the kids have been learning about fabrics and practicing with counting and letters (at least for the time that I am there).
Reflections:
After just two days in FE I have a whole new appreciation for teachers, and I am not just saying that. I was just in a classroom for an hour and a half and I was exhausted my first day. I honestly do not know how these teachers stay so creative and paitent! I am so excited for the year and already love my class.
Stories to Share:
On my second day I was able to work with each student one-on-one in the hall to get to know them better and evaluate them on their counting. It was so cute to see how nervous they all were but strange at the same time to think that I was in that role. One of the little girls was so excited to see me and sat out in the hall for awhile to tell me all about her half birthday; it made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment