Read Alouds:
None!
Learning Experiences:
The model lessons have continued and they have been very fun and I have learned so much! Recently we have been reviewing what not to do since field experience is so close. Most of us feel pretty comfortable with teaching, and everyone did a great job in their lessons, but just needed a few reminders when in the classroom with actual children. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was to not keep your back to the class, which is so true! The class becomes disengaged and you lose control.
Current Event:
http://www.edutopia.org/blog/reasons-to-dislike-multi-choice-terrell-heick?utm_source=Silverp
This article (the URL is much longer, it was cut down for space) discusses multiple choice tests and why educators do not like them. It is pointed out that these sorts of tests could be very beneficial, if written the right way but too often they are not. This article mentions the use of technology/media and how that interferes with the usefulness of these tests but I did not see it's relevance. I agree that many times multiple choice tests are poorly written and therefore do not accurately measure what students know but the ones that are well written are very beneficial.
Quote of the Week:
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world -Nelson Mandela
I think education is the base of all things and really is our weapon in society. The more educated you are, the better chance you have at making it in the real world. This also goes for changing the world. You cannot change something that you know nothing about and are not educated enough to know how to change. I think education does not get enough credit, but this quote does it justice.
Observations:
The field trip was so fun and very helpful! Honestly I already had my mind made up about what I wanted, as far as grades and school but after the field trip I felt differently! I never imagined myself in an art classroom, but I loved our short time visiting the art class at RSES. It was very cool to notice things in the classroom that we have been learning about all year. In one classroom, the lights were off and it was around 1:45. Logan and I both were wondering why it was so dim while they were playing a math game and if the teacher even noticed. As I was starting to write it down in my observations packet, the teacher came up to talk to us and explained that it was a Monday, they had indoor recess from the rain, and the kids were extremely rowdy that day so she dimmed the lights to calm them down. I thought it was very cool that she could manipulate the classroom like that!
Reflections:
I am extremely excited about field experience and a little nervous. I can't wait to meet all of the little kindergarteners and teach them! I remember a few things from kindergarten (some stories) and they make me laugh. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year but it seems to be coming to a close so soon! We are already in the classrooms for TC and finished learning in Calculus!! I can't believe high school is almost over.
No comments:
Post a Comment